Check out our tips on how to keep busy in the Winter in Denver, both inside and outside!
Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean there’s nothing to do! Denver and the surrounding areas have plenty of activities to warm you right up.
- Go Snowshoeing! If you love hiking in the summer, take a stab at a stroll in the snow. Most trails will just require micro-spikes so you don’t slip, but you can get full spikes if you’re a regular on the mountain! Winter is a great time to hike, as the trails are much less crowded than the summertime, and you get to catch glimpses of the snowy peaks. Check out some great spots for beginners from our friends at Snowshoe Magazine.
- Spend some time on the ice. If you’ve never gone ice skating at Evergreen Lake, it’s a must-do this season! You’ll need to make reservations this year, but it’s definitely worth the experience. Gliding on a lake surrounded by tall green trees and mountains is much more entertaining than a mall rink! Plus you can grab a warm piece of pizza at Beau Jo’s afterward!
- Tube down the mountain! Head to Echo Mountain in Idaho Springs for some outdoor fun. Grab your mask, hop on your inner tube, and fly downhill!
Cozy Up Indoors
- Firstly, invest in a humidifier. Colorado is extremely dry, so especially if you have moved here from out of state, a humidifier and moisturizer will be key to get you through the season.
- Head to the Denver Art Museum! You still have a few weeks of winter to get a peek of the Frida Khalo, Diego Rivera, and Mexican Modernism Exhibit. Especially now, it is so important that we continue to get out and support the arts!
- Make your home a cozy Winter Wonderland. Boil some water on the stove and add in at least two apple peels, one whole cinnamon stick, and three cloves. Bring it to a simmer, and your home will smell so good, you won’t want to leave!
- Need a new indoor scene? Your Vita agents are happy to help you find your new home – learn more here! Moving can be easy during Winter in Denver!